What You Need to Know Prior to Our Appointment with Your Child
Masking is still required at Rainbow Pediatrics! We encourage ages 2 and up to wear a mask but require ages 5 and up! If you do not have a mask when entering the office, please ask front desk.
We work hard to ensure we provide the best care to our patients and families!
Please read the following policies to ensure the best experience at Beacon Pediatrics!
1) ALL newborns must have ACTIVE insurance by their one-month appointment. If the child has Delaware Medicaid, your child MUST have his/her OWN ACTIVE ID#; all other insurances MUST be active under the policyholder. If this is not completed by the one-month appointment, the visit will be self-pay (cash or credit card ONLY), or the appointment may be canceled.
2) Insurance Cards MUST be brought to every appointment; this is considered a form of payment for your visit. If not provided, you may be responsible for payment.
3) Co-pays are due at the time of your visit. This is a contract between you and your insurance company. For any questions, please call your insurance (numbers should be listed on the back of the insurance card). If you do not have your co-pay, the appointment may be rescheduled.
4) Visits are by appointment only; PLEASE be on time for your visit! ** The office may reschedule any appointment if you arrive more than 15 minutes late. **
5) The office gives COURTESY calls reminding you of your child’s appointment 1-2 days prior. Please make sure that the office has updated phone numbers at all times; however, it is still your responsibility to remember appointment dates and times.
6) A 24hr notice is required to cancel/reschedule an appointment. If not, you will be marked as a “No Show” and a fee may be applied to the account and must be paid before another appointment will be scheduled. After (3) No Shows, you may be discharged from our practice, and a notice will be sent to your insurance company.
7) If anyone other than parents or legal guardian is to bring the child to his/her appointment, proper identification must be presented. (i.e. Consent form or note from parent/guardian, along with insurance card & Copay).
8) All forms (such as daycare, camp, school, insurance, etc.) require at least one week to be completed (if not done at the time of the child’s visit). This does require a fee and must be paid before they can be picked up/faxed/mailed. If forms are done at the time of your visit, there is no additional charge.
9) If you leave a message on one of our voicemails, your call will be returned by the end of the business day and in order of urgency. Please do not make multiple calls as this will delay our return call to you.
10) All Controlled substance medications must have 24-48-hour notice for refills. Please note if you call on a Friday, your prescription may not be ready until Monday.